Some businesses have been printing exclusively in black and white but they think it’s time to switch to color. It’s higher cost, but it’s better for some things right? Well it seems so, but now there is some science to help you decide. Here are a few points that have been scientifically studied and proven true by Xerox.
- Statistically, a newsletter or pamphlet only has 2.5 seconds before a decision is made about it. Color increases attention, professionalism, and chances of the literature being read.
- Color increases the attention span, and the ability to recall information by 82%.
- Telephone listings in color have been proven to increase response by 44%. (They are largely competing with black and white though, so this should be taken with a grain of salt.)
- Color reduces errors by 80%. This is good to know internally because errors in the office cost money.
- Color helps to sell 80% more… talk about power!
- Color has been shown to increase brand recognition by 80%. If you are competing directly with businesses then you may use color to be seen and set apart.